AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Avatar

I recently went and saw the movie, "Avatar". It is a great film and I just loved it.For those of you that don't know what an Avatar is, it is basically another vessel for your brain and soul while you sleep. You feel what the Avatar's body is doing. I have decided that if I could have an Avatar, it would be my sister's body. She is a year and a half older than me and her body is a thing of beauty! Not that I am not beautiful, but her body is STRONG. She worked hard to get it that way and works hard to maintain it.

My sister has run Marathons, Triathons, played in Tennis Tournaments, takes Boxing, (I have seen her in a boxing class and she can throw a mean punch! But seeing her muscles work was beautiful.)She also can hike probably farther than anyone that I know. I would always tease her and call her an Amazon woman. Of course, a pretty, petite Amazon woman. So if I could be in her body when she is running or downhill skiing, which I do, but much slower, or snowshoeing......I would be able to do it and feel what she feels- exhilaration. Maybe a few aches after, but she would recover. I, on the other hand, just couldn't do it. That's why I would need her to be my Avatar.

She was recently in an accident in Hawaii. A Crane toppled over and if not for the roll-bar on the jeep- she would have been crushed. I hope that my sister knows just how grateful I am that roll-bar was there. She got out very, very shaken but with no bad injuries.

Yep. She would be my Avatar. But in the meantime, I think that I will try and do more light hand-weight workouts until there is such a thing. Oh...and walk.

2 comments: