AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

there's this man....

I will call him the walking man.  I see him everyday, rain or shine, and he walks. And walks. And walks. But he is special this man because he is my inspiration and probably someone elses or several people's inspiration. He must be in his 70's and I know he has Arthritis because he is crooked - I never noticed this before. all I ever noticed was the cool white solar clothing that he always wears and his long walking stick that he never uses except to swing by his side. Today I noticed he was crooked because it was a beautiful sunny day and I was able to walk the dogs along the big loop which takes me to a walkway/bike path and I fell in step behind this wonderful man-that's when I noticed just how crooked he was! What luck! What a gift. I fell right in step, left right left right so fast, so determined! it didnt matter that he was crooked- hell it didnt matter that I was crooked! there we were the two of us and my dogs like one with one doggedly determined purpose- to take a walk in spite of our pain! the dog's pain was me pulling their leashes so hard in my trance! oh yes! for those few moments I threw off my cloak of cripple and made it that mile and a half!  Someday if I can ever catch up to him- I will thank him.

Good day.

1 comment:

  1. if you catch him be careful of the cane. he might think you are a crazy woman.

    ReplyDelete