AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Movement

My husband and I often attend plays at the local Shakespeare Theatre. It is a beautiful outdoor amphitheatre and it is so relaxing. We went to a play and I don't even recall the name of it, I think it was the "Tempest". One of the characters was this lovely young woman and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her because of her MOVEMENT. She was lithe yet strong and almost floated- and when she danced, oh when she danced I would have given my life to be in her body just to feel what that felt like. It brought tears to my eyes. We were sitting with our friend whose husband was in the play and I looked over and saw tears in her eyes too. She has MS.

Movement. I wonder if people are GRATEFUL for their day to day movement. It's raining again today and it took Herculean effort on my part just to walk across Albertson's and carry the kitty litter. But I am grateful for it. I did it. I didn't have to ask for help.

Movement. When someone cleans their house with no effort, or rakes their leaves, or takes a jog, or throws a frisbee, or rides a bike, are they aware of the movement of it. Are they grateful for it?

I have two older daughters, one 26 and one 21. They are grateful for movement. One is a Massage Therapist and Gymnastics Coach, the other in Nursing. They both were gymnasts. They can rock climb- oh my- I don't know how they do it. And they both can still flip around, not as easily, but they can. And they are grateful for it. I am glad about that. Movement should not be taken for granted. It is a gift and it should be cherished.

Today I am going to stretch in spite of my LACK of movement. And be grateful for it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad for movement everyday, at least once. raisin bran helps me.
    1000000

    ReplyDelete