AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti- and the example of gratitude

I was watching Larry King Live last night and there was this incredibly gorgeous girl with the most beautiful smile on her face! You would NEVER know that her leg had just been torn off in the Haiti Earthquake. She was so vivacious and grateful to be alive!

Larry asked her what her major was and she said, "Sustainability". WOW. I was so awestruck by the spirit of this young woman. She was down in Haiti teaching them how to be able to take care of themselves and sustain their own country and also teaching English. She came back with one less leg and was JOYFUL. That is Inspiration!

Today I will not let anything get to me. My pain is nothing but a realization that I am here- I am alive.

1 comment: