AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

my story cont.

So....my pain would come and go, get worse and worse until after I started having children I was finally diagnosed with Fibrositis, which is now called Fibromyalgia. I thought that was my answer although I was still dealing with these horrible outbreaks of psoriasis.
I was a very active young mom and basically ignored the pain. I would push my body to it's limits and pay for it later. I had my fourth child and had to have major surgery - I wasn't meant for child-bearing- that's all I will say, but it was the first of many. I also have endometriosis.
I taught gymnastics for several years and roller bladed everywhere. But I couldn't run. I would try and try, I just couldn't do it.
As the pain became worse, I would go from doctor to doctor, always the same- Fibro. The years flew by and we ended up moving to Boise, Idaho. I researched Rheumatologists. There was a family history of Rheumatoid Arthritis and with the Psoriasis, I thought that there had to be more to it- the pain was just too bad.
I ended up going to a Dr. who had come from the University of Utah Medical school which I knew to be a GREAT school. His name was Dr. Knibbe and he had just opened his practice here. He took one look and knew. Psoriatic Spondylitis. I said, "Psoriatic spondywhatwhat?" He sent me for xrays of my pelvis to verify the diagnosis and sure enough he was right on! After so many years. Now only my comrades will understand this- I was so happy!! I finally had a diagnoses! Yippee! But why did I have a positive RF?? Oh well, who cares?! I had Psoriatic Spondylitis. I had something. I wasn't crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment