AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Friday, January 15, 2010

I dream about running- man in Bagel shop - I feel the rain

In almost every dream that I have- I'm running. Sometimes I will wake up and want to take a run! I have even put running shoes on and started out on my run. But then reality hits- my body fails me - it feels like lead and I am grateful I can walk.

I met a man in the Bagel shop when I was with my beautiful daughter, who is a rock climber, and we noticed first how happy he was. Then the wheelchair, then the fact that he had no arms or legs. And there he was drinking tea with stubs that used to be hands, having a conversation with a friend. He was laughing and smiling the whole time!
So we see him throw his jacket on over his head with no help and get it on and as he started to leave, I said,"you are AMAZING!" and he quickly replied,"well thank you , but I can't juggle!" to which my daughter said, "niether can we!"

God- I love moments like those!

Perspective.

I FEEL the rain coming. Nothing I can do. I will just try and think of that man and how if I wanted to juggle- I could.

2 comments: