AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thursday

I visited my P.A. today. I think she's great. A hoot! She always makes me laugh. I was in so much pain, that when she walked through the door, I said, "Janeen, I think I am clinically depressed!" "I am fat!" "I can't take it anymore." You see, I had gained 20 pounds- I am 5'7" because I shrunk a damn inch and went up to 155! I have never weighed that much in my life!! I have now lost about 7 pounds. but sheesh! She calmed me right down. And then came the question. "Why did you stop taking your Humira, (Humira is one of the Biologics, Anti-TNF's given to us)?' I replied, "well, it wasn't helping anymore with the pain and I got my eighth skin cancer!" To which she said,"Humira has nothing to do with skin cancer, nothing I have read, none of the conferences I have been to, no literature states that anywhere." Intelligently I said," well I was told by the doctor it had a direct effect and also on Humira's own website it posted a skin cancer warning!" to which she said, " Well, I didn't see that and you are very fair and have green eyes(my eyes are dark blue) so...." So I said, "look, let's not argue, it gave me those horrible sinus headaches, you know that." To which she replied, "oh yes, that's a listed symptom" "I will tell the doctor, we'll see what we can do for you." Now I LOVE this P.A. but I swear on all that is HOLY - when I got home with my brand new Arthritis Today magazine, I was flippin' through the pages and what do I see? A title that read, are you ready? It read, Anti-TNF Biologics Linked To Skin Cancers !!!!!!!!!!!! I rest my case.
But I did get a nice cortizone shot in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment