AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Research of Psoriatic Spondylitis

Well, I had the diagnoses. Next came the plethora of drugs, failures of drugs, and the journey I am still on. I research everything! I found out that my Doctor, I call him the Big KNIB, out of undying love of course, calls it Psoriatic Spondylitis because it is a form of five types of Arthritis- Spondylitis meaning it is in my spine. My cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine randomly fuses. I have to be careful with posture and stretch a lot! The bone becomes brittle. I have already had a spontaneous break of my sacrum. I have Osteopenia and Osteoporosis in my left femoral head, of my hip. I am only 48. I also have Sacroiliitis. and let me tell you! Fused S.I. joints hurt like the Devil is punishing you over and over just for the hell of it!
Research is GOOD. A lot of people don't let their doctors know they research their diseases, or they play dumb or they are just ignorant and they do what ever their doctor tells them to do. I say- be PRO-ACTIVE. Fight with everything you have for yourself. Your body is already against you, you have to stand up and learn and pass on information and advocate for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment