AN INSIDE LOOK AT AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND CHRONIC PAIN DAY BY DAY.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update on the Walking Man

This afternoon my husband and I decided to walk the dogs together. While we were on the walking path, guess who was coming right toward us? The Walking Man! I told my husband, this is it, I have to speak to him. When he reached us, I kind of had to stand in front of him and wave my arms to get him to stop. He had earphones in and took one out and so I said," Can I ask you something?" He replied, "of course." So I said, "Why do you walk so much?" " You have become my inspiration, and I am walking more and more because of you in spite of my chronic pain."

Then he told us his story. He said, "you see, I am Blind. I have no central vision, so I just put my headphones on and listen to the Bible and I walk. I have to keep my head down and stay focused so that I keep on the path. I have found over my long life that one needs to humble one's self enough to be 'teachable'. I have been taught to keep going forth even though I might have this obstacle, after all, I can still 'hear' and I can still WALK." I promised him that I would always remain teachable and try to be humble and we said our good-bye's.

So the Walking Man remains my inspiration, just like the non-juggler in the Bagel shop and I plan on walking and walking until the Lord decides I can't.

1 comment: